Save the Date
KLA-CULS 2021 Spring Conference
May 20-21, 2021 at Butler County Community College, El Dorado, KS
(We will monitor COVID-19 and be ready to host virtually if needed.)
Purpose of CULS
- To represent the common interests of libraries and library staff in Kansas academic libraries.
- To foster a collegial, professional relationship among academic librarians and library staff statewide.
- To expand and promote its membership.
- To improve library services, resources, and user education.
- To plan professional development opportunities for all library staff.
- To encourage membership and participation in professional associations such as KLA, Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL), and others.
- To provide, develop, and facilitate activities that will support the above purposes.
CULS sponsors a two-day spring conference each year and one or more program meetings at the KLA Conference each fall.
CULS was organized at the 1942 Annual Conference and affiliated with KLA in 1948. First called Round Table, it became College and Reference Section, College and Research Section, and beginning in 1968, College and University Libraries Section.