KLA-CULS 2019 Conference
Going the Distance: Academic Library Planning for the Long-Term
Monday, May 20 – Tuesday, May 21, 2019
Emporia State University
Call for Proposals
Have a great idea? Share it with your colleagues at the Kansas Library Association-College and University Libraries Section (CULS) Spring Conference, May 20-21 2019, at Emporia State University in Emporia, KS.
This year’s theme is: “Going the Distance: Academic Library Planning for the Long-Term.”
The Program Committee invites presenters to lead engaging and informative traditional 45 minute presentations, participate in 15 minute Lightning Rounds (3 rounds in one session), or participate in a poster session on any aspect of academic librarianship which addresses the conference theme. Potential topics for exploration around which presenters might share ideas, knowledge, experience and research include (but need not be limited to) the following:
- Innovative new spaces and services that showcase how the library space serves campus communities
- Collaborative efforts with other libraries or external organizations to offer new services
- Application of approaches found outside of the library world or in a different library sector that were used to involve librarians in new campus initiatives
- Grant projects — stories of strategies, collaboration, success and possible scenarios for the future
- New approaches to advancement activities for libraries and special collections
- The changing role of the librarian in campus communities
- Re-engaging with librarians: projects that demonstrate new ways students and faculty can engage with librarians
Presenters also have the opportunity to publish their presentation or poster session in our open access peer-reviewed journal, CULS Proceedings! This e-journal’s contents are indexed within select EBSCO databases and Google Scholar. Previous issues and additional instructions for authors are available at https://newprairiepress.org/culsproceedings/
Proposal submissions are due no later than 5:00 p.m. on January 31, 2019. You will be notified of acceptance by February 15, 2019. If you have indicated that you will submit a paper to CULS Proceedings, you will receive a separate notification about the guidelines and due dates for first drafts and final drafts of papers.
To submit your proposal, use the CULS 2019 Proposal Form.
If you have any questions, please contact the Program Committee Chair, Nate Poell at Nathan.Poell@bakeru.edu.